Tuesday 26 June 2007

Riyad as-Salihin - "He stepped over people`s shoulders.."

Abu Sirwa'a 'Uqba ibn al-Harith said, "I prayed the 'Asr prayer behind the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, in Madina. He said the salam and then got up hurriedly and stepped over people's shoulders making for the room of one of his wives. The people were alarmed at his speed. He came out to them and saw that they were surprised at his speed and said, 'I remembered a piece of gold that we had and I did not want it to distract me so I ordered that it be distributed.'" [al-Bukhari]

In one variant, "I had left a piece of gold from the sadaqa in the house and I did not want it to remain with me overnight."



Source : Riyad as-Salihin (The Meadows of the Righteous) by Imam Nawawi -from SunniPath

Link : http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0004P0010.aspx

No comments: